Remember the Launch of Disaster Risk Reduction Project in Uttarakhand, India
[ePrayer – Pray for the disaster relief and preparedness work in India]
Early monsoon rains caused massive flooding and landslides in northern India’s Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh states in June 2013, affecting tens of thousands of people. CEDAR’s partner EFICOR reached the affected areas immediately to conduct assessment and provide emergency relief. All the relief materials have now reached the warehouses and are being transported by smaller vehicles to reach the affected villages. Up to 1 August, EFICOR has covered 1,622 families. Pray that the whole relief operations will be completed by the end of August.
Our partner EFICOR is now looking at the possibility of implementing a long-term community based programme on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) which includes building the capacity of the community on preparedness and mitigation.
Pray for the disaster relief and preparedness work in India:
- Pray for smooth completion of the relief operation and the safety of frontline workers;
- Pray for God’s guidance and provision on EFICOR’s long-term DRR programme in flood-affected areas in Uttarakhand State. Pray that those targeted villages and communities will have better disaster preparedness.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.