[ePrayer – Pray for Bangladesh’s youth project]
In Bangladesh, many adolescents drop out from schools due to poverty. They are ‘nobody’ in the eyes of adults and are ignorant about their own rights. This is particularly true among the teenage girls. The poor families tend to marry off their daughters as young as 13-14 years old in order to lower family expenditure and dowry price. However, it is difficult for these adolescent girls who are not yet mature to adapt to new lives staying with a new family. Moreover, early marriage and early pregnancy can be very harmful to their lives.
To tackle with this problem, CEDAR’s partner PARI Development Trust has formed many community groups to teach the boys and girls about their rights. It has also created platforms for youth, parents, community leaders to meet and exchange ideas. Teenagers have been empowered and adults are made known of the developmental needs and potentials of the youth. Praise the Lord that the project has Pinky from early marriage after lobbying to her father. It has also assisted a girl named Happy who can continue to study in higher grades of school and perform well.
Pray for Bangladesh’s youth project:
- PARI would like to move on to another phase right after the current 3-year project. Pray for God’s guidance and provision;
- Pray that more adolescents will be empowered and educated through the project.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.