Emergency Appeal: CEDAR Emergency Operations for Super Typhoon Haiyan in Philippines
CEDAR Fund’s local partners are responding to the desperate need of the 9.5 million people affected by Super Typhoon Haiyan since 7 Nov in Philippines. Reportedly, the worst natural catastrophe in Philippines, Typhoon Haiyan is estimated to have killed more than 10,000 people and the death toll is expected to rise.
According to CEDAR’s local partner PHILRADS, at least six provinces are severely damaged, including Leyte, Samar and Cebu provinces. In this very first stage of emergency operations, PHILRADS works with local churches to deliver food packs to 7,000 affected families in Leyte and Samar provinces. Depending on available resources, PHILRADS would like to reach out to other badly hit provinces.
As a member agency of Integral Alliance*, CEDAR has also been working very closely with Integral Alliance members on the disaster relief work for Super Typhoon Haiyan. Another local partner is now providing basic necessities such as food, water, medicine and shelter to all those affected by the disaster.
Pray for the Typhoon victims and the relief development work
- Pray for God’s healing and protection to the victims; and for His comfort to those who have lost their beloved ones and homes.
- Pray for smooth emergency operations and for the safety of all types of frontline aid workers.
- Pray for good planning and coordination from the Philippine government on disaster relief and rehabilitation.
- Pray for God’s protection for the people in China, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia as Typhoon Haiyan moves toward their direction.
Emergency and Relief Donation
- Please make cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Visa/ Master Card (Download donation form)
- Online donation
(Please mark “Philippines Typhoon Relief”)
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212Hong Kong
CEDAR’s Relief and Rehabilitation Work in Past: https://cedarfundeng.wordpress.com/relief/
CEDAR Approach on Relief and Rehabilitation: https://cedarfundeng.wordpress.com/relief-approach/
* Integral Alliance is a global alliance of 19 Christian relief and development agencies, working together to present a more effective response to poverty worldwide. CEDAR is one of the member agencies.
This project has been carried out as part of an Integral Response.