“Though I don’t know how to write, I would like to say thanks to CEDAR for helping me to grow up in Fullmoon. I wish one day I can help those who have similar experiences as mine,” said Sau (alias) who is only 3 years old. Like any other ordinary girls, Sau is innocent and cheerful. She has been staying in Fullmoon for nearly one year and the staff praised her for being bright and smart. Sau’s parents were both political prisoners in Myanmar, sadly they both died in prison, leaving Sau orphaned. Afterwards, she was supposed to be taken care of by her aunt who had intended to sell her, fortunately someone saved her and brought her to Fullmoon. Thanks God for saving Sau’s life and keeping her in a safe place where she is given love and care.
Last month, CEDAR staff re-visited Fullmoon Children Compound and the children shared their dreams with them. Many of the children wish to be teachers and nurses; some would like to be businessmen so they would be able to contribute to their own communities in the future. One girl said her dream is to be the leader of the country and Aung San Suu Kyi is her role model. It is amazing to see the Lord’s work in rebuilding this group of children and helping them to regain hope. Apart from that, a lot of big brothers and sisters who have graduated from Fullmoon have returned to the Children Compound to take care of their younger counterparts during their free time. They sang and worshipped the Lord together with the kids. The mutual care and love between brothers and sisters are very essential to this young children group.
Currently, over 300 children affected by wars and disasters are staying in the Fullmoon Children Compound. A lot of resources and manpower are required for building facility infrastructure and providing psychological counseling so the children can grow healthily. Pray for the work and future plan of Fullmoon so that the children will be able to grow in a good environment and have a hopeful life again.
CEDAR’s local partner Fullmoon, founded in 1997, looks after children and orphans from conflict areas, as well as committed to giving them trainings so they can become church leaders after growing up and bring changes in their communities. Today many of these children have become teachers, nurses, skilled farmers, technicians and community workers, contributing to societies using their skills given by their Heavenly Father.
Pray for Children Ministry in Myanmar:
- May God provide the compound with the new infrastructure needed, including library, playground, improved-facilitated bathrooms and lockers etc.
- The fast-growing economy in Myanmar has made simple country life materialistic. May Lord help those graduate youths continue their faith, and also act as salt and light after returning to their hometowns
- CEDAR will provide Fullmoon care-takers with training and counseling courses so the affected children can be better taken care of.
- The Fullmoon staff have served for over 10 years and may our Lord continue to strengthen them and provide them with good health, spirit and wisdom. Also pray for more volunteers to join Fullmoon so the team will be more resourceful in serving the increasing needs.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.