Shortage of Gasoline Hinder the Progress of Post-quake Rehabilitation
It has been half a year since the earthquake in Nepal, and the relief and rehabilitation effort still continue. At the same time, the Nepalese Government had passed new constitution law in mid-September and the first female president was elected in October. These new changes will hopefully stabilize the situation there and allow the citizens to return to normal livelihood.
Yet the Nepalese constitution incited riot by the Madhesi who are of Indian origin and reside in the south. The riot had caused tens of deaths, and the Indian closed the main gateways with Nepal as a result. Because India had been the major source of food, gasoline, and medicine, this had caused serious disruption to the Nepalese citizens. Car owners have nothing to power their car, and even ordinary citizens are affected because they have no gas to cook. In the few gas stations that remain, there are long queues of vehicles, some citizens also queue outside with their tanks to get some gas, not knowing when supply will resume.
Because of the shortage of gasoline, the relief and rehabilitation effort are delayed by lack of transports. Some citizens resort to burning woods for cooking, yet the temperature difference in Nepal had always been great, and as winter approaches, the need for gas will be even greater.
Pray for Nepal:
- Pray that the Indian government will re-open the gateways, so that the Nepalese can receive their daily necessities.
- Pray that the Nepalese government will reach a just and peaceful resolution with the opposition, so that the livelihood of the Nepalese citizens can be secured.
- Pray that the new president can lead the Nepalese into peace and have wisdom to resolve conflicts.
- Pray that those in need can receive the support of local or foreign NGOs, and that they can support each other.
- Pray that the relief and rehabilitation effort can continue without interruption, our CEDAR Fund volunteers will go there next Saturday to know more about the real situation there. Please remember them in prayers.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.