The food crisis in East Africa brought by drought and conflicts is threatening the lives of 20 million Africans. Members of the Integral Alliance (IA) are working tirelessly in providing food to Somali, Kenya, and Ethiopia. CEDAR is currently focusing on helping Ethiopia through our local partners and member agencies of the IA.
Ethiopia has experienced 2 consecutive years of drought which affects close to 10 million people—a situation worsened by rapid population growth, poor farmland management, and climbing food prices. Currently, 5.6 million Ethiopians are in critical conditions, and the number of those in hunger was expected to increase to 15 million in the coming months. Families reportedly sold their farmlands and livestock at an extreme loss just to fill their stomachs. That would in turn cost them greatly in the future as they’ve lost the only tools to make a living.
Our partners, Tearfund UK and Ethiopian Guenet Church Development and Welfare Organization (EGCDWO), are providing emergency food, clean water, and health support to 40 thousand individuals in 40 heavily affected villages in southern Ethiopia. They also give the villagers seeds for growing new crops:
- Give 29,884 food-deprived individuals corn, wheat, beans, cooking oil, etc. for emergency relief;
- Give 1,500 families seeds and fertilizers to boost the famers’ future food production;
- Provide health care, education, and clean water to 4,167 families to minimize diarrhea and other forms of diseases induced by consuming dirty water.
Please act immediately to support CEDAR’s and IA members’ relief efforts in east Africa.
- Pray that the famine would subside in due time so that people could be fed again.
- Pray that God would bless the global weather and that human would learn to love their environments and minimize the damage caused by extreme weathers.
- Pray for the Lord’s guidance for the local governments and organizations so that they could better support those experiencing the famine.
- Pray for the cease of conflicts and peace in multiple regions.
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Visa/ Master Card (Download donation form)
- Online donation
(Please mark “Emergency Relief”)
 All funds received will go to CEDAR’s Emergency Relief and Disaster Preparedness Fund. Funds will be deployed to support the emergency famine relief in Ethiopia according to the budget devised from the crisis evaluation.
 Besides the crisis in East Africa, CEDAR is also funding the relief efforts in Northern Uganda targeted towards the refugees from South Sudan, and the flooding in Zimbabwe.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212Hong Kong
CEDAR’s Relief and Rehabilitation Work in Past: https://cedarfundeng.wordpress.com/relief/
CEDAR Approach on Relief and Rehabilitation: http://cedarfundeng.wordpresss.com/relief-approach/
*Integral Alliance is a global alliance of 23 Christian relief and development agencies, working together to present a more effective response to poverty worldwide. CEDAR Fund is one of the member agencies.