On 28th September, a 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck Sulawesi, an island in Indonesia. The quake was followed by multiple aftershocks and triggered a tsunami with waves ranging from 6 metres tall. At least 2,000 lives were lost and over 4,600 people have been heavily injured, recorded by the Indonesian government. Nearly 66,000 houses were severely damaged, and about 211,000 people have been displaced.
Countless people lost their homes and loved ones over the sudden disaster. Survivors were left with no food and electricity for days. Public facilities such as medical facilities were damaged, aid agencies fear an outbreak of communicable diseases. CEDAR has allocated funds to support a local Christian organisation, PESAT, to distribute emergency items in 4 villages in central Sulawesi. About 1,000 households will receive food, cooking tools, and hygiene kits. On the other hand, CEDAR continues to communicate with Integral Alliance members and prepare to respond to the needs of survivors.
ACT NOW to support the affected people and relief efforts in Indonesia!!
- CEDAR’s Chief Executive and Staff Visited Sulawesit Devastated by Quake and Tsunami to Discuss Further Response with Partner | 2018/11/29
- Update: CEDAR Supports Local Partner to Respond to the Needs of Survivors in Sulawesi, Indonesia | 2018/10/19
- Urgent: Indonesia Earthquake and Tsunami Relief | 2018/10/03
- Cheque payable to “CEDAR FUND”
- Direct deposit to our bank accounts: HSBC 600-385678-001 / BEA 015-185-68-00931-7 SSA
- Visa/ Master Card (Download Donation Form)
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
 Donations over HK$100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212 Hong Kong
CEDAR’s Relief and Rehabilitation Work in the past: https://cedarfundeng.wordpress.com/relief
CEDAR Approach on Relief and Rehabilitation: https://cedarfundeng.wordpress.com/relief-approach/
FAQs on Relief Appeal: http://bit.ly/cedar-relief-FAQe
*Integral Alliance is a global alliance of 23 Christian relief and development agencies, working together to present a more effective response to poverty worldwide. CEDAR Fund is one of the member agencies.