Besides donation, your prayer support is vital to us! Pray for our partner, ministry abroad, our staff and needs around the world. Let us use our prayers to spread peace, mercy and justice!
Partners & Ministries
- Pik, an attorney from our Thai partner LIFT International, was rewarded by the local officials for her work on representing victims in court for a child sexual exploitation case. We praise God for the work of LIFT and Pik and that their effort is recognised by the local government.
- In Rakhine and Chin State, west of Myanmar, armed conflict between the Myanmar military and the Arakan Army continues, forcing 30,000 people to flee their homes. Recently, our partner shared that they witnessed confrontation between two parties in which the Arakan Army held three villages as strongholds and villagers fled immediately. These people are now taking shelter in an abandoned government building and urgently need emergency assistance. Please pray that our partner would be able to bring aid and help to the displaced families. May the Lord protect the vulnerable!
- Monsoon rains have been hitting South Asia region and triggering massive floods in the local communities. Over 10 million have been displaced by floods. CEDAR is allocating US$60,000 (about HK$470,000) to partners in India, Bangladesh and Nepal for their flood relief effort. Please pray for the government and aid agencies to be able to carry out relief work under bad weather, so that they can deliver life-saving aid to the affected and recuse those who are trapped. Food, clean water and hygiene are the most urgent needs, we pray for the Lord’s providence.
The World & Our Neighbours
- Since the outbreak of Ebola last August in DR Congo, the latest number of confirmed cases has risen to over 2,500 and over 1,700 people have died, according to the World Health Organization. Treatment for Ebola is yet to be discovered. May the Lord guide the hands of researchers to find effective cure for the disease and watch over patients who are undergoing testing. We pray for healing of the affected and their families, and we pray for preventive measure of the government.
- In the last two months, Hong Kong was faced with heaviness, powerlessness and numerous protests. May the Lord’s justice come to our city, punishing those who abuse their powers; may fair trial and justice be revealed in the courts and under the legal system of Hong Kong.
CEDAR Team & Needs
- The position of CEDAR’s China Project Supervisor has been vacant for months, please pray for the right candidate to join our team.
- A colleague was diagnosed with Dengue Fever and Typhus after leading a group of brothers and sisters to visit Bangladesh. Thankfully, he had been discharged from the hospital and gradually recovering.
- Two of our colleagues had returned from a work trip to Ethiopia. Their original plan to Rwanda was cancelled because the area being visited is near to an Ebola-affected city in DR Congo. May the Lord protect people and aid workers in DR Congo.
The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.